Thursday, July 26, 2018

How bunk beds make a man crazy

One of the major questions weighing heavily on my mind relates to bunk beds. Yes, those ubiquitous sleeping items found in many homes with young children and which, sometime, must be dealt with. Kids age out of them and they take up space. Thinking about the bunk beds in my own house makes me crazy. And I wonder...

What do I do with the bunk beds I have had since my now-adult children were much younger and all three of them slept in the same unisex bedroom, two girls on the bottom larger bunk and a son in the smaller twin upper bunk?

They are no longer small enough to sleep on them and their own children, my grandchildren, are the last to have used them... recently...but they are aging much too fast and soon be out of the unisex bedroom stage and will need rooms of their own when they visit.

Now, I am a saver of mementos, often to the consternation of my adult children; they think I save too much for too long, but honestly, that is one of the definite impossibilities in life! The thought of giving them away or selling them is a very difficult concept to imagine. 

I know the day is coming when I will have to ponder it for real, but maybe just another week or a year or twelve...?

No comments:

Post a Comment