Monday, January 23, 2012

DOT medical: Done!

January 23, 2012. Today, I went to a local health provider to see if I could pass the DOT medical required by all commercial vehicle operators. As you recall from my previous blogs, I was sent home from a large national carrier because I did not meet their medical standards. Honestly, that rejection shook my own confidence and I wanted to see if I should even pursue this "bucket list" employment any farther. So I decided to fork over the $113.00 for the drug screen and DOT physical....no sense in spending more for CDL training if I couldn't pass the basic physical, right? Guess what?

I passed and received a 2-year medical card, the longest one they issue! That means that everything in my medical history and physical assessment met the minimum requirements for issuance! BP? Good. Drug screen? Negative. BMI/neck size? Within guidelines.

I'm a happy boy today. Now, on the Step 2, taking the Michigan CDL knowledge tests for issuance of the CDL Permit!

No comments:

Post a Comment