Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Moving on

As I sit here writing, I think about things in my own past and how they relate to my present.

A daughter and her career-Army husband have relocated from a wonderful house and home in Severna Park, Maryland, for a new duty assignment in Fort Knox, Kentucky. Visiting them is more challenging because there are no direct flights between where I live and where she lives, even though the two places are physically closer.

One of my younger brothers has lived in Columbia, Maryland, for the past 27 years. I have only seen him once, on my last visit to my daughter. Columbia is an easy 30-minute drive from Severna Park. Why did I not visit him more often in the past three years that I have visited my daughter and grandchildren?

My beloved younger sister apparently remarried many years ago and lives near Charlotte, North Carolina. Why am I not in touch with her?

I do not know where my youngest brother is or even if he is alive. I am, however, in touch with his children on Facebook. Why does that even happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment