Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday, 2/16/12

Bad news. I took my CDL test today and did not pass. I did well in the pretrip inspection; this takes about 30 minutes and is a thorough, front-to-back check of the tractor and trailer to make sure everything is safe for operation. Then I went to the range for Part 2 and did something I have not done since the first week I was a student here.

I crushed an orange boundary cone that was set up in a right turn maneuver on the range to simulate the curb trucks have to deal with when making right turns.

If a small child or handicapped person had been on that curb...well, the picture is not pretty and I deserved the failure.

Retest tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. june in florida2/16/12, 9:48 PM

    Good luck JM, well we know you wont do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I didn't repeat any of the mistakes I did and passed the tests today! I now hold a Michigan Commercial Driver's License.

    ReplyDelete