Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012

This will be a bit short and probably not very informative. I am on my way by Greyhound Bus - that first-test to see if you REALLY want to be a truck driver- to De Pere, Wisconsin, home of WEL Companies. With some good fortune, they will be my employer in a couple of days.

I start orientation Monday morning at 0700 when I meet Scott for my drug test and physical. After that, who knows? Paperwork, policies, and procedures no doubt. If I make the cut, a week driving around Green Bay then 4 weeks over the road with a trainer.

Right now I'm one hour into a 5-hour break in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I have Lady Antebellum playing in the headphones, the iPhone hooked to one of the few power outlets (when will public transportation centers learn to install more than the overnight cleaning crew needs?) and I'm patiently waiting. Wondering. Listening to the Amtrak trains, wishing I was on one of them and not a bus.

Ah, well. It must be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment