Sunday, November 15, 2020

Well, little boy, what have you done good this year?

 What, indeed. But let's not wait for Christmas to answer the question, eh? Oh. And let's skip over the poor grammar, too.

I bought a high-quality ukulele in April and Fender gave me three months of lessons free. I moved forward in my long-held goal of learning two specific songs on the ukulele. It is still a work in progress.

This month, I watched what has become a very popular movie about chess. I know how to move the pieces, but not how to "play" - a computer game 'thinking' only one move ahead beat me in less than a dozen moves - so I bought a high-quality chess set. I put two chess books on hold at the library on "opening chess moves" and "winning chess strategies." One of them is by Bobby Fischer.

When they arrive, I will be notified. Then I will go pick them up--curbside pickup only--and become a better chess player for the first time in my long life.

No comments:

Post a Comment